- Challenge R1700 per person
- Extreme R2050 per person
Entries Close Midnight 6 September 2020
REFUND & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
The Runtheberg Trail Run 2020 has a cancellation policy pertaining to refunds. This is necessary because most of the expenses incurred in staging this event are committed to in advance, and as such refunds are only possible well in advance or when a replacement can be found. Refunds and/or substitutions where allowed will be subject to a nominal administration and handling fee.
- Full payment is required on entry. An entry is only confirmed on full payment of the entry fee.
- The full entry fee paid less a R300 administration fee will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before midnight on Friday 31 July 2020. Substitutions will be allowed before midnight on Friday 31 July 2020 subject to the procedures and conditions described below. All substitutions processed prior to 31 July 2020 will be subject to a R300 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- From 1 August 2020 until midnight on Sunday 6 September 2020 only substitutions will be allowed. In the absence of a substitute being found, no refunds will be allowed. Ultimately it is the original entrant’s responsibility to find a substitute, but the Runtheberg Race Organisers will assist if they can. Substitutes will be required to complete the online substitution process. All substitutions during this period will be subject to a R300 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- Unfortunately entries cannot be carried over to Runtheberg 2021.
- Entries for Runtheberg 2020 will close at midnight on Sunday 6 September 2020, or when in the Race Organiser’s discretion, capacity has been reached. No refunds or substitutions will be allowed after this date.
- The Race Organiser’s decision is final.
- Runners must follow the marked routes. Any runner leaving the marked route must rejoin the route at the same point they left it.
- Runners may be required to wear and/or carry certain items of equipment as indicated by the Race Organiser.
- Runners may not wear headphones of any sort.
- Runners shall respect the integrity of the natural environment they are in, which includes a zero-tolerance for littering.
- Failure to adhere to any of these rules may result in penalties which could include time penalties, disqualification and/or any other sanction deemed appropriate by the Race Organiser.
Entry Fees include:
- Runtheberg Extreme or Runtheberg Challenge 2020 Race Entry
- Anatomic specially designed technical Runtheberg Race Shirt
- Runtheberg Goodie Bag
- Runtheberg Extreme or Runtheberg Challenge Hand-crafted Medal (finishers only)
- Post-race lunch vouchers on both days
Runtheberg 2020 One Day ONLY
Entrants will have the option to enter One Day ONLY at a reduced Entry Fee. Entrants will be able to select from either Day One or Day Two only of either the Extreme or the Challenge. One Day ONLY Entry Fees do NOT include a free Race Shirt but will allow the option for purchase.
Runtheberg Extreme One Day ONLY (Day 1 OR Day 2)
Entry Fee – R1200
Runtheberg Technical Race Shirt – R350
Runtheberg Challenge One Day ONLY (Day 1 OR Day 2)
Entry Fee – R900
Runtheberg Technical Race Shirt – R350
Start / Finish and Race Village
The Race Village is centered at the All Out Adventures Adventure Centre. This will be where we will have Registration on Friday afternoon (and Saturday morning for some), the official Race Briefing on Friday evening, the Start for Day Two, and the Finish on both days. The one exception is the Start on Day One – this will take place at The Cavern. We will be providing a shuttle transfer service from the Race Village to The Cavern for the Start on Day One, so as with everything else, you just need to get yourself to All Out Adventures. For those driving themselves, there is parking at the Race Village, so you will be finishing at your car. For those being dropped off, there is absolutely NO parking at or near The Cavern, and we strongly recommend that all drop-offs happen at All Out Adventures. For those of you lucky enough to be staying at The Cavern, you can literally roll out of bed to the Start. Similarly for those staying on the doorstep of The Cavern at Sungubala and The Ledges. You guys will in fact end up at the Finish without your cars, so please be aware of that. There will NOT be an official shuttle from the Finish back to The Cavern, but as has been the case in previous years, it should not be difficult to source a lift if needed. Please note that exact Start times will be communicated before the Race.
Registration will take place at All Out Adventures on Friday afternoon 18th September 2020 from 15h00 – 18h00, where you will register and receive your race pack and race number. There will be a small Registration facility at All Out Adventures on Saturday morning for those people who absolutely cannot make it the day before – times for this will be communicated closer to the Race. The main Race Briefing will be held at All Out Adventures on Friday at 18h00 until about 18h30.
In the interests of runner safety and to ensure that no runners risk being stuck out in the mountains in the dark, the Runtheberg Race Organisers will be applying a strict Cut-off policy. For both Challenge and Extreme Races an both Day One and Day Two runners need to be through the final Checkpoint / Water Table by no later than 15h00. Any runners not through by that time will be transported back to the Race Village.