REFUND & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
The Runtheberg Trail Run 2021 has a cancellation policy pertaining to refunds. This is necessary because most of the expenses incurred in staging this event are committed to in advance, and as such refunds are only possible well in advance or when a replacement can be found. Refunds and/or substitutions where allowed will be subject to a nominal administration and handling fee.
- Full payment is required on entry. An entry is only confirmed on full payment of the entry fee.
- The full entry fee paid less a R350 administration fee will be refunded if an entry is cancelled in writing on or before midnight on Tuesday 31 August 2021. Substitutions will be allowed before midnight on Tuesday 31 August 2021 subject to the procedures and conditions described below. All substitutions processed prior to 31 August 2021 will be subject to a R350 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- From 1 September 2021 until midnight on Sunday 19 September 2021 only substitutions will be allowed. In the absence of a substitute being found, no refunds will be allowed. Ultimately it is the original entrant’s responsibility to find a substitute, but the Runtheberg Race Organisers will assist if they can. Substitutes will be required to complete the online substitution process. All substitutions during this period will be subject to a R350 administration and handling fee, which fee will be processed either as an additional fee or as a deduction from any refund, depending on which will be most applicable.
- Unfortunately entries cannot be carried over to Runtheberg 2022.
- Entries for Runtheberg 2021 will close at midnight on Sunday 19 September 2021, or when in the Race Organiser’s discretion, capacity has been reached. No refunds or substitutions will be allowed after this date.
- The Race Organiser’s decision is final.
- Runners must follow the marked routes. Any runner leaving the marked route must rejoin the route at the same point they left it.
- Runners may be required to wear and/or carry certain items of equipment as indicated by the Race Organiser.
- Runners may not wear headphones of any sort.
- Runners shall respect the integrity of the natural environment they are in, which includes a zero-tolerance for littering.
- Failure to adhere to any of these rules may result in penalties which could include time penalties, disqualification and/or any other sanction deemed appropriate by the Race Organiser.